Just stumbled across this and thought I’d share it. I’m not sure how up-to-date it is.
Activities planned or underway to improve facilities for cyclists include:
- Construction of new traffic free cycle paths (former Barnard Castle and Darlington – Stockton rail lines).
- New pedestrian/cycle/equestrian bridge crossing the A66.
- Upgrading of traffic free cycle paths (Eastbourne cycle path).
- Installation of toucan crossings (Yarm Road, West Auckland Road).
- Work with Sustrans to link Darlington to the National Cycle Network.
- Input into the joint publication of a Tees Valley cycle map.
- Publication of a free Darlington cycle map and guide
- Installation of cycle parking at rail stations.
- Revision of the Darlington Cycling Strategy.
- On road cycle training for year 5 and 6 school pupils.
- Installation of cycle parking facilities at schools.
- 2004 Programme of cycling events.
from Cycling in Darlington on the Darlington Borough Council website.