How to Hire
Hiring a bike is easy. To make a first hire, there are 5 simple steps. But thereafter you can book a bike quickly and easily by using our online hire and payment system. But if you prefer, you can contact us by telephone or email.
- Go to our membership page to join Darlovelo. You can do this online, by telephone, or by post.
- Go to our bikes section to choose which bike you want to hire
- Become a Verified Member. When you make your first booking, you will need to supply proof of address such as a utility bill. If you are eligible for a concession you will need to supply proof of this such as a student card or bus pass. You can now do this online on our Verified Member page.
- Before you hire your bicycle, pay your deposit of £25. This will be refunded when you return your bike.
- Book your bike online or by telephone.
When you collect your bike, you will be asked to sign a contract, covering bike security. We advise you read this thoroughly so that you fully understand your responsibilities once the bike has been hired to you.
As your return date approaches, we will send you a reminder of the time and place for the return of your bike. Or if you like, you can extend the hire period online. When you return your bike, your deposit will be returned, subject to a bike condition check.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact us via phone or email.