Darlovelo is not just a bicycle hire project, but part of the wider Darlington bicycle system that includes cycle training, cycle campaigning, bicycle-friendly cafes and shops, cycle route mapping, cycle repair and maintenance, and much more.
If Darlington is to become a truly cycle-friendly town, we need to begin to integrate all these bicycle services into a culture of cycling that becomes mainstream. Meanwhile we all need to work for a much better cycling infrastructure. Whether you already own a bicycle, or are interested in occasionally hiring from us, you can become part of this movement for a greener Darlington by joining Darlovelo.
Annual membership of Darlovelo costs just £5 (£3), or £10(£6) for a family. By agreeing to pay this small sum each year, you are helping build the bedrock of a cycling system in Darlington, whilst receiving many benefits.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
As a member, you will not only have access to our bicycle hire scheme, but will:
- be able to join our social rides at no cost
- receive exclusive discounts on cycle maintenance and repair from our favoured cycle repair service, Kranksbikes
- receive one-to-one bikeability training at special rates
- attend our bicycle maintenance courses for a reduced fee
- have a vote on the direction and policy of Darlovelo.
If you’d like to set up an annual membership subscription to Darlovelo, please subscribe below. If you would rather join us for just one year, click through to our join us page. If you wish to pay cash or by cheque, please contact us on 07519 741734